Tuesday 26 December 2017

2017 - BOOKS OF THE YEAR

My top reads of 2017....... 11 books, all male authors, 6 titles from this year, only the one from the last century........ a drifter, a missing girl, a juvenile delinquent, a hit man or two, a call centre worker, drugs in Canada, a Californian PI, and plenty more besides...

Lawrence Block Hit Man (1998) (5)

Gerard Brennan - Wee Danny (2013) (5) 

Steve Finbow - Down Among the Dead (2014) (5)

Ryan Bracha - After Call Work: Gross Misconduct (2017) (5)

Paul Heatley - FatBoy (2017)  (5)

Dana King Worst Enemies (2012) (5)

Dietrich Kalteis Zero Avenue (2017) (5)

Robin Yocum - A Welcome Murder (2017) (5)

Chris Whitaker - All the Wicked Girls (2017) (5)

Matt Coyle - Blood Truth (2017) (5)

Lawrence Block - Resume Speed (2016) (5)







Shame Blogger refuses to let me lay them up properly.....

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had some really fine reads this year, Col. There's a few there I've been thinking about trying myself. Here's to a good year of reading ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margot thanks. I'm still hopeful that there may be an eleventh that I can sneak onto this post before year end. I think you would particularly enjoy Yocum and Whitaker, and of course Block. I hope we both enjoy some great reads in 2018!

      Delete
  2. I just read Hit Man this month and loved it. I have ordered the next two in that series. And I also will be reading the book I have by Dietrich Kalteis sometime (sooner rather than later, I hope).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed Hit Man so much. When I move house and get most of my books back, I ought to dig out the rest of the series and finish.
      I have one more book by Dietrich Kalteis to read - House of Blazes, set around the San Francisco earthquake in the early 1900s - you might like that one.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers, hope you find something to your reading tastes.

      Delete
  4. Nice collection! I read and loved Hit Man based on your review, so can tick one off. And I enjoyed the previous Yocum book, which I think you sent me, so am up for reading this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad Hit Man hit the post. Same as my reco's for Margot - Whitaker and Yocum for you I think.

      Delete