Saturday 17 November 2012

NOVEMBER 2011


November 2011.......... 6 books read

Pauline McLynn – Something For The Weekend

Jimmy Breslin – I Don’t Want To Go To Jail

John McCabe – Paper

James McClure – The Song Dog

Jake Arnott – The Long Firm

James Dodson – Final Rounds

All six of these were start-stop-start again books that previously hadn’t floated my boat.

If I was ever to write a book myself, it might be titled............I’d Rather Go To Jail In Preference To Reading Anything Else By McLynn or Breslin!

Others were ok, nothing stand out.

Book of the month for no other reason than it had a cool cover.....McClure’s Song Dog.........pre-Apartheid black and white pairing of policemen in South Africa. I think it’s the first in his series, though not the earliest written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment