Wednesday 14 November 2012

DANNY GILLAN - A SELECTION OF MEATS AND CHEESES (2011)


Blurb........

Twelve short stories from Danny Gillan. Some sad, some funny; some serious, some silly; some poignant, some pointless.

Meet homicidal Estate Agents, happy mendicants, inept stalkers and rubbish action heroes. From crime to comedy and thriller to thought piece, the thread combining these bites of life is that everyone makes decisions, and good people often make bad ones. It's how you deal with the consequences that matters.

I read these over a period of a week or so. Some barely registered on my consciousness, probably my fault because I was tired and dropping off when I was trying to finish.

Others like Slave To The Rhythm left a lasting impression on me – quite thought provoking.

Urban grit with a heart.

Overall they were enjoyable. I’d be more interested in reading something full-length from the author in the future, rather than any more of the same.

3 from 5

This was an Amazon kindle freebie I clicked on when browsing

No comments:

Post a Comment